At Fitt4kids we will ensure that we provide a safe and caring environment, free from discrimination, for everyone in our community including children with additional needs.
To achieve the Fitt4kids objective of creating an environment free from discrimination and welcoming to all, Fitt4kids will:
- Respect the different racial origins, religions, cultures and languages in a multi-ethnic society so that each child is valued as an individual without racial or gender stereotyping.
- Not discriminate against children on the grounds of disability, sexual orientation, class, family status or HIV/Aids status.
- Help all children to celebrate and express their cultural and religious identity.
- Strive to ensure that children feel good about themselves and others, by celebrating the differences which make us all unique individuals.
- Ensure that its services are available to all parents/carers and children in the local community.
- Ensure that the Fitt4kids recruitment policies and procedures are open, fair and non discriminatory.
- Work to fulfil all the legal requirements of the Equality Act 2010.
- We will monitor and review the effectiveness of our inclusive practice by conducting an Inclusion Audit on an annual basis.
Challenging inappropriate attitudes and practices
We will challenge inappropriate attitudes and practices by engaging children and adults in discussion, by displaying positive images of race and disability, and through our staff modelling anti-discriminatory behaviour at all times.
Fitt4kids will not tolerate any form of racial harassment. Fitt4kids will challenge racist and discriminatory remarks, attitudes and behaviour from the children at Fitt4kids, from staff and from any other adults at Fitt4kids premises (eg parents/carers collecting children).
Promoting equal opportunities
- Staff receive relevant and appropriate training
- The Equalities policy is consistent with current legislation and guidance • Appropriate action is taken wherever discriminatory behaviour, language or attitudes occur.
- We at Fitt4kids have staff members who have disabilities and we are proud to have them on our team to give them the opportunities to get into coaching
Children with additional needs
Fitt4kids recognises that some children have additional needs or physical disabilities that require particular support and assistance. We will assess the individual needs of each child in consultation with their parents prior to their attending Fitt4kids, and will make reasonable adjustments to ensure that children can access our services and are made to feel welcome.
Where one-to-one support is required, we will assist parents in accessing the funding required to provide the additional care.
This policy was adopted by: Fitt4kids Limited
Date: October 2022
To be reviewed: October 2023
Signed: Simon Arnold
Written in accordance with the Statutory Framework for the Early Years Foundation Stage (2021): Safeguarding and Welfare requirements: Equal opportunities [3.68], Information for parents and carers [3.74], Staff qualifications, training, support, and skills [3.20] and Child protection [3.7]