Fitt4kids does not tolerate from any person, whether a parent, carer or visitor: bullying; aggressive, confrontational or threatening behaviour; or behaviour intended to result in conflict. Fitt4kids is a place of safety and security for the children who attend and for the staff who work here.
Unacceptable behaviour includes, but is not limited to, the following:
- Shouting at members of staff, whether in person or over the telephone
- Physically intimidating a member of staff, eg standing too close or blocking their exit • Using aggressive or abusive hand gestures, eg shaking a fist towards another person • Any other threatening behaviour, both physical and verbal
- Physical violence: pushing, hitting, slapping, punching or kicking
- Racist or sexist or otherwise abusive comments.
At Fitt4kids we do not tolerate such behaviour whether it is directed at the staff or at any of the children in our care.
If a parent, carer or member of the public behaves in an unacceptable way towards a member of staff or a child attending Fitt4kids, we will take the following steps:
- In order to ensure the safety of the children and to limit possible distress, we will remove them from the vicinity of the incident.
- The Director or a Fitt4kids staff member will seek to resolve the situation through calm discussion. • If the individual wishes to make a complaint we will encourage them to follow the Fitt4kids Complaints procedure, or to complain directly to Ofsted if they so choose.
- If the individual continues to behave in an aggressive and intimidating manner, we will insist that they calm down or leave the premises immediately.
- If the individual refuses to calm down or leave the premises, the Director or Fitt4kids staff member will contact the police without delay.
When the immediate incident has been resolved, the Director and staff will reflect on the incident, and decide whether it is appropriate to ban the individual from the premises for a period of time. The decision will take into account both the seriousness of the incident and whether the individual has behaved aggressively before.
If we decide that a ban is appropriate, we will write to the individual concerned to inform them of the reasons for the ban and its duration.
See also: Equalities policy, Complaints policy, Safeguarding policy.
This policy was adopted by: Fitt4kids Limited
Date: October 2022
To be reviewed: October 2023
Signed: Simon Arnold
Written in accordance with the Statutory Framework for the Early Years Foundation Stage (2021): Safeguarding and Welfare requirements: Introduction [3.2] and Child protection [3.7].